Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Meming to catch up ... read at your own risk

I've been tagged and honored a few times in the past week, so I'm going to cheat a bit and combine my thanks and obligations in one unruly post ...

First in my list of to-do's is a public debt of gratitude to pay out to my dear friend Bola at MumsDadsChildren who kindly passed on to me the Nice Matters Award. It's the second time I've been given this particularly generous consideration, so I am twice-blessed — thanks Bola.



Next, I need to recognize a dual tag from Nick at Personal Paranoia and Raven at Stuperhero Extraordinaire who both selected me as their victim in the perpetuation of a fun meme that lets me discover how much (or little) I share in the personality traits of my fellow Decemberists.

In brief, I'm obligated to paste a paragraph of qualities pertaining to those born in my birth month and highlight the ones that apply to me. There are some other duties outlined in the official rules, but I'm a natural iconoclast (that's not listed below, alas) so I'm dispensing with most of them at the risk of incurring some bad broken-chain-letter type of Karma.
DECEMBER: Loyal and generous. Sexy. Patriotic. Active in games and interactions. Impatient and hasty. Ambitious. Influential in organizations. Fun to be with. Loves to socialize. Loves praises. Loves attention. Loves to be loved. Honest and trustworthy. Not pretending. Short tempered. Changing personality. Not egotistic. Take high pride in oneself. Hates restrictions. Loves to joke. Good sense of humor. Logical.
I'm not particularly fond of self-analysis, but there it is. For this meme and the next (stay tuned), I'm skipping the step of singling out fellow bloggers and tagging anyone who reads this and is excited to participate. For all you meme geeks out there ... have at it.



Last, and certainly not least, I have to acknowledge my selection for the 7 Weird or Random Facts meme by Deborah, my irrepressibly wonderful colleague at Climate of Our Future. As you might guess from the name, I need to continue the trend of self-revelation and identify some personal strangeness. I'm pretty good at that, especially when I get to have at randomness as well, so here are my bulleted points:
  • I love grilled onions, but can't stand raw ones (that goes for roasted/raw garlic as well).
  • I have never seen the movie ET, and never plan to, but for no particular reason.
  • I once killed a man for laughing at me ... wait, that was someone else. I once got very angry at a man for laughing at me.
  • I have never been in the state of Texas.
  • Both of my parents were born in New York.
  • I don't like wearing hats.
  • I don't like being cold, yet I often underdress for the weather (see point six).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank-you my friend, very enlightening!! I found we have similar things in common. I would say six out of seven. I have never been angry at anyone laughing at me for I laugh at myself!!

Francis Scudellari said...

Maybe that's why we get along so well :). Thanks for the tag Deborah.

fihanna said...

oh!
ho capitooooooooooooo!